Inclusion and diversity are key elements in the renewal of societies in rural and mountain regions. This competition aims to stimulate the reflection on integration and promote a positive representation of migration as one of the necessary steps towards more inclusive societies and territorial cohesion.
The objective of the contest is to collect, through a short letter, video, social media post or photograph, the point of view of students (>15 years), from secondary grade schools and other levels in MATILDE regions and across Europe, regarding migration, inclusion and diversity. So, it’s time to answer one of the following questions:
“How a migrant person changed their personal life?”
“How does migration affect you?”
“What does migration mean to you?”
Join our contest and tell us, if you want in your language, how #migrationinmylife affect you!
The selected output of the contest will be published on the MATILDE website.
Here’s what you can do to participate:
- Fill out the application form from here (for adults) or here (for minors).
- Technical requirements
- For essay/short letter : Max 700 words
- For social media post (You can upload from facebook, twitter and Instagram by using hashtags above and mentioning our social media channels)
- For photograph (JPG format, Max 5 MB, description is required)
- For video (max 1 minute, MPEG – Max 60 MB, videos to be made with a smartphone, camcorder or the most appropriate video editing software) — 10 mb
- For social media posts : insert the link to the application form. Make sure thatyou’re using the hashtag #migrationinmylife. Please don’t forget to tag @matildemigration (for Instagram), @MatildeProject (for Facebook) and @MATILDE_Mig (for twitter)
- Upload your output to the application form
As a collaborative project with 25 project partners and 19 supporting partners in 10 European countries, we give importance the participation. We highly encourage the participant to share their own social media profiles using #migrationinmylife or #migrationforme and #MATILDEMigration hashtags. That way, we can share your output from our social media channels as well.
Follow our social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin) in order to learn up-to-date information about the competition. Also, the results of the competition will be announced through our social media channels.
Application dates for the MATILDE Essay Contest is between 9 May 2022 – 20 November 2022.
Publication of the Best Content
The Selection Committee will evaluate entries based on:
- Originality and creativity;
- Consistency towards the proposed theme;
- Ability to convey the message effectively and innovatively.
The selected output of the contest will be published on the official project page.